Thursday, August 26, 2010

One week done...

Well I've been here an week and what a week its been!

So I have a house, nice modern one in a wee complex so nice and safe for little old me on my lonesome! It has 3 bedrooms so bring on the visitors, although I only have one bed so a little but of notice would be good unless your bringing a bed with you! Get my keys tomorrow and 'the bed' plus my new sofas and TV get delivered (hopefully!) Had a trauma trying to get ID faxed to the phone company to get my phone and broadband sorted out. Tried to fax it from 3 different places and each time the end result was too blurry to be of any use, in the end I gave in and bought a $60 scanned/printer and did it myself, what I should have done in the first place probably! Because of that I probably wont have my phone or broadband connected till next week sometime, luckily I have my motel room all paid up till Wednesday so the free broadband here will be fully exercised till then!

I also have a car. Had a struggle to find something in my price range as I wanted to buy one outright and $3000 doesnt get you much car in NZ! But after being shown some right old rust buckets the lovely Ed at Cars and More (yes this is an ad for them as he really is lovely!) had a fairly decent '97 Honda Civic for just $2990 so its now sitting here outside my window! This of course allowed me to take my hired Micra back a day early, never been so glad to see the back of a car in my life...stinky, dirty, teeny wee box on wheels that it was!

Going to spend the next 3 days moving stuff into my house and getting ready to start work on Monday. Still dont know when I've to be there or what I'm actually doing but hey..Im sure I'll find out soon enough!!

No comments:

Post a Comment