Friday, August 20, 2010

2 days down...

Cant believe its only been 2 days since I touched down in kiwi land...seems like I've been here for ages already!

So in 2 days I've manage to;
- Sort out my bank account
- Apply for my IRD (tax) number
- Rent a car, was supposed to be borrowing a car from my boss but looks like it needs a bit of work before she can get it back on the road so I'm renting instead...a Micra of all things although here its a Nissan March!
- Visit my new hospital and sort out ID, uniforms (although they dont wear them) and a bit of a tour
- Do my first NZ food shop at Countdown..same brands different names is pretty much the way it goes I think
- Trail round rental agents to find that nice furnished rentals are pretty rare..ok, very rare! Off to look at one tomorrow thats about 25 mins from town but looks nice so we'll see how it goes (if I can find it that is!)

Other than that, well, its still raining but at least I'm not getting soaked so much now that I have a car, luckily its not cold although the locals keep telling me it is...they'd never survive a winter in Scotland!

No comments:

Post a Comment