Sunday, June 13, 2010

Good news/Bad news

So, good news...the DIY is done!! The flat is show home pristine ready for pics tomorrow, hopefully I can keep it this way for the foreseeable future (not making any promises though!)

Bad news...I heard back from Immigration. They've requested an up to date report on an eye operation I had 11 years ago. yes I said ELEVEN YEARS AGO!
My medical described the op and the fact that since I was discharged in 1999 Ive had no further treatment and that there's no likely hood of it ever being an issue in the future but they still want more info.

So, luckily my surgeon is still working at the hospital I had my op in and I managed to get hold of his secretary on Friday who is very sympathetic and will try and get him to write me a very detailed letter this week, explaining that I will not be a drain on NZ's health system!

Hopefully the letter will suffice, if not my 'case' will have to go to Immigrations medical assessors, which in itself wont be a problem as they'll take one look and say its fine, the problem is the potential 12 week wait to get it assessed!

*sigh* so fingers crossed everyone....

No comments:

Post a Comment