Saturday, April 10, 2010

Big News...

OK so I admit it...Im totally rubbish at updating this blog. I write random rubbish and then forget to tell you the good stuff!
Firstly..had my interview last Wednesday night with Lakes DHB for a midwife job working between a teeny wee birth unit in Taupo and their larger referral unit in Rotorua (which is still pretty small compared to our standards) Interview went pretty well, everything sounded positive. They left it with a promise to call me either Monday or Tuesday night with a decision which was fine by me.
Fast forward to Friday lunch time (so midnight friday night in NZ) and I get a call from the midwifery manager at Rotorua...and I GOT THE JOB!! Full time, permanent contract, not quite the salary I was after (but actually what I should be due as far as their pay scales are concerned)but she said thats negotiable once Im over there so not too bothered at present.

They want me asap so its all go. Got the dreaded medical booked for Tuesday and then just need to wait for my official paperwork to arrive from NZ so I can apply for my Annual Practicing Certificate (need this to work in NZ) and get my visa application sent off.

Hopefully I could be heading over there June/July which is hugely scary but quite exciting...

No comments:

Post a Comment