Monday, November 9, 2009

Paperwork mountain

Ok, so there's still no news about the redundancy but we've decided to get the paperwork underway anyway. First things first and I need to apply for my NZ Midwifery Registration. I need to get my registration sorted out first so I can then apply for jobs before completing my actual visa application.

The whole registration process doesn't look too bad until you see all the additional paperwork that's needed to go along with the initial forms. Here's the process...

NZ Midwifery Registration - not only does this include the paperwork for the registration itself (which is actually pretty easy stuff) but also involves completing a supporting document to show evidence that I can meet the NZ Midwifery competencies.
To go along with the registration documents I also have to sort out;
1) a police certificate (this is different to a disclosure as I've now discovered and comes from the Association of Chief Police Officers
2) verification of my registration from the NMC
3) transcript of my degree course from uni
4) a copy if my portfolio and CV (best actually get my portfolio up to date then eh!)
5) certified (by an actual legal person) copies of my birth certificate and passport
6) 2 references
7) a medical certificate
8) cheque for £500ish

So far I've managed to complete the forms to request my police certificate, copy the proof of address info that they need and find my passport that needs photocopied. Still need to sort out a passport pic and get it signed by a 'professional' person (i.e the first colleague that crosses my path at work tomorrow!) and sort out the £35 cheque to go with that lot.

As you can see this is just the start of the paperwork and its pretty full on already and I've got a feeling its only gonna get worse...

No comments:

Post a Comment